Learn to speak Spanish and immerse yourself in the Mediterranean lifestyle!
Travel to learn in a country that is famous for its music, tapas, flamenco dance, beaches, and its impressive cities. In this program you can choose which city you would like to go to!! You can choose any of the following cities: Madrid, Valencia, San Sebastián, Málaga or Cantabria.
Are you ready to learn a new language and interested in a place where culture and natural beauty come together? Spain is the perfect place for you!
- Live in one of Spain's ancient cities or in the beautiful countryside
- Learn to dance the flamenco!
- Enjoy the perfect paella
- Feel secure with local support always available
Our program in Spain gives you the opportunity to fully integrate into the Spanish way of life. You will notice early on that Spaniards are very sociable and open people who will quickly take you to their hearts. Family life in Spain is generally very important, family reunions and celebrations are especially very popular. You will surely feel right at home!
- Age: between 14 and 18 years
- Language: Students are not required to know Spanish before departure, but are advised to start learning it before they depart as classes are taught in Spanish. The program includes a 30-hour online Spanish Course before departure.
- Academic level: Students are required to have a minimum overall academic record of a 60% average in the last three years.
- Status: You need to be a learner at high school.
- Mindset: Curious, open minded and keen to immerse yourself in a life changing experience!
- Vaccinations/Immunisations: Mandatory vaccinations are Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Mumps, Rubella, Measles, Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox, Tuberculosis and Polio. A Covid vaccine is not mandatory, but it is advised.
|Duration||Start Porgram||Application Deadline|
|2 months||November 2023||31 July 2023|
|3 months||October 2023||30 June 2023|
|3 months||November 2023||31 July 2023|
|4 months||September 2023||30 April 2023|
|5 months||September 2023||30 April 2023|
|5 months||Januray 2024||31 September 2023|
|9 months||September 2023||30 April 2023|
In the public program, you can be placed in any region in Spain. On the private or semi-private program, you are able to choose an area of Spain you would like to be placed in.
In general students in Spain spend 5 days per week at school, usually from 8 or 9 a.m. until 5 or 6 p.m., in classes with Spanish classmates. In Spain you have the following school options:
1. Public Program
On the public program you are unable to personalise options such as subject classes, extra curricular activities etc.
2. Semi-Private Program
On the semi-private program, you are able to select the area in Spain you would like to live and have some of the program details personalised.
3. Private Program
In this program, you can choose the area of Spain where you would like to live, the extracurricular activities you would like to participate in, or even choose certain classes or a certain type of school (i.e. British or bilingual schools, French or German schools, schools with a certain religious affiliation, boarding schools, etc.).
Our local partner makes sure host families are carefully selected and prepared for the arrival of an international student. Host families will involve you in family activities and help you settle in, especially during the first period of your experience.
GROW Abroad will provide you with all the necessary information and documents needed. We will guide you through the paper jungle and make sure you leave prepared. We will also organise a meeting with your parents to make sure they are all up to date.
On arrival in your host community, our local partner will hold a workshop about the program and its core rules. They will explain how the school system works and provide you with information on the Spanish way of living. They will also introduce you to fun Spanish traditions which will help you adapt smoothly into your new life.
You will have the option to join a 5-day Welcome Tour in Madrid which includes morning Spanish classes, hostel accommodation, meals, chaperone supervision and exciting cultural activities. There are also afternoon excursions and activities as a part of the Welcome Tour to give you a chance to practise your newly developed language skills. This Welcome Tour is optional for all September arrivals and will cost an additional 600 Euros.
You will be assigned a local coordinator in Spain who you will meet upon your arrival and who will support you throughout your experience and be your first point of contact.
Depending on the period you are in Spain and the location you are placed, you may be given the opportunity to travel with your host family or to join an organised multi-day tour with the ‘partner organisation’. You will be expected to pay your own way.
- 2 months: from € 3,600
- Trimester (3 months): from € 4,200
- Semester (5 months): from € 5,100
- Academic year (9 months): from € 7,400
Insurance is mandatory and not included in the program fees. You will need insurance that covers health, accidents and third party liabilities.
We will support you with all the documents you need to apply for your visa, as your visa type will vary depending on your length of stay in your exchange country.
The application process consists of the following steps:
- Apply by clicking the “Enquire Now” button above or send an email to email@example.com
- Personal interview and acceptance
- Orientation program for students and parents to prepare for your experience